Wednesday, 13 November 2013

You must compensate Boko Haram’s victims-CAN urges Fed Govt.




CAN President
  The Christian Association of Nigeria has opposed President Goodluck Jonathan’s decision to rule out compensation for Boko Haram’s victims.
 
 The General Secretary of CAN, Dr. Musa Asake, said this while reacting to President Jonathan’s decision not to pay compensation to Boko Haram victims, when he received the report of the Presidential Committee on Dialogue and Peaceful Resolution of Security Challenges in the North on Tuesday.
 The sect had killed about 3,000 people since 2009. CAN had in April said that over 200 churches had been burnt and 1,250 Christians killed by the sect in the last three years. “If the President is saying that victims should not be compensated, he needs to explain to Nigerians why he is saying so,” Asake stated.

Cossy finally insures boobs for N256m


House arrest latest: Chime finally sends wife out of Govt. House





Clara and Chime
After two weeks of controversy over the house arrest of Enugu State First Lady, Clara Chime, the Governor, Sullivan Chime on Monday, November 11, finally sent her packing from the Government House.
  The eviction of Clara is the climax of the controversy surrounding the outcry over her alleged confinement by her husband.
She was packed up and moved with her four-year-old son to her mother’s house in Enugu. Entertainment Express learnt that security agents were posted outside the house for several hours to ensure she did not return to the Government House.
  Speaking to reporters at her mother’s place, Clara described how her marriage to the governor had broken down, with four years passing without any intimacy between them. She insisted she was not mentally ill as portrayed by the governor and his aides. “The marriage was so bad that I frequently had nervous breakdowns, which led the governor to confine me to a section of the government house until I managed to smuggle out an email crying for help,” she allegedly narrated to reporters. 

Tonto set to collabo with D’banj





Tonto
There are lots of recent developments in the Nigerian entertainment industry. One of the latest is the closeness and sudden connection between controversial Nollywood star, Tonto Dike and music lord, D’banj.
Tonto Dikeh and D'banj have gotten quite close in recent times. She has been seen several times at D'banj's home in Lekki.
Reliable sources also revealed that she is also recording songs at the studio in his house and whenever she records late into the night, she spends the night there. She spends time there to further her music career and D'banj, according to sources might sign her to his record label

Monday, 11 November 2013

Nollywood Health Convention holds November 23




 
Ifeanyi Ezekwe
 

By JAMES EMMANUEL
  Saving Life For Africa Diabetes Foundation (SLAD) is set to hold the first ever Nollywood Health Convention on November 23, by 2: pm at Golden Tulip Hotel, Festac, Lagos.
  According to the Public Relations Officer of SLAD, Ifeanyi Ezekwe, the essence of the convention is to create awareness on the need for preventive health action by celebrities. “We want to enlighten and educate Nigerian celebrities on diabetes. By doing so, we can curtail the sudden deaths we are currently experiencing in Nollywood and the entertainment industry in general,” Ezekwe told Sunday Express.    Expected to speak at the convention is Dr jalili TafawaBelewa while performing artistes include Tuface, Timaya, KCEE, face, Vector, Sound Sultan, Mr. Raw, Sammy Okposo and Mode9. The event, according to its organizers will also feature awards presentation, movie premiere, among others.

Friday, 1 November 2013

Nollywood stars storm Patience Jonathan's mum's burial




Nollywood actresses, Jennifer Eliogu, Patience Ozorkwo, and others
The First Lady's foster mum's service of songs held on Thursday, October 31 in Okrika, Rivers State and quite a number of Nollywood stars including Nkem Owoh, Patience Jonathan, Jennifer Eliogu, Onyeka Onwenu, Chinedu Ikedieze, and Ebube Nwagbo, among others were in attendance.
 The late Oba who died in a car accident in July, was giving a state burial by the Bayelsa State government. There are also reports that several Federal Govt. ministries, state governments, and government agencies threw large sums of public funds into funding the burial.