Wednesday 12 February 2014

Why I cry everyday-Nollywood Actress, Favour Oma





By JAMES EMMANUEL 

When she hugged the klieg light with her daring and very challenging role in a hit flick entitled No Money No Sex, her scintillating roles interpretation skill immediately stood her out in the league of fast rising actresses in Nollywood.
 Having starred in so many other movies including Swagger Conji, Official Housemates, Lion Heroes, Beauties of the Night, Sexy Ladies Court, among others, the Anambra state-born actress is currently the toast of many producers, who see her as one of the next biggest thing in Nollywood.
  Despite her recent giant strides, the Favour Oma is not resting on her oars. “I still have a long way to go. My eyes have always been on the top because I dream big. I believe I have the potentials to carve a niche for myself in Nollywood” she avowed.
  With an aura of self-confidence and maturity around her, Favour Oma who easily strikes one as someone ready to take on the world spoke wholeheartedly about her growing up, career, love life, among other attention-grabbing issues.

Briefly give us an insight about yourself
I hail from Ihiala Local Government Area of Anambra State. Professionally, I started my acting career in the year 2011. By God’s grace, I’ve acted in over than 20 movies since then. Lots of people keep asking how was able to achieve that within the short space of time- I think it has been by the Grace of God upon my life.

What are the titles of some of the movies?
Favour Oma
My first movie was entitled No Money No Sex, after which so many other scripts started coming my way.  I featured in Swagger Conji, Official Housemates, Lion Heroes, Beauties of the Night, Sexy Ladies Court, Lion Heroes, Festac Babes, Bold 5 Babes, My Mother’s Head, The Anacondas, Road Obstruction, and so many others where I played lead roles.
What has been your unique selling point over the period?
There are so many things about me that might interest you. But the most important thing is that I have talent and that has stood me out over the years. Besides, I have the God factor. There is also this thing about me- I aim high, higher than you can imagine. Lots of people who are close to me are the ones that really know my worth. Any producer that works with me for the first time would always want to work with me again. And don’t forget I am also beautiful (laughs). I have this camera face and that has also been part of the selling point.
What basically has been you challenge over the years?
I have trained myself to expect the worst and hope for the best. So I don’t really see anything as a problem or challenge, I see them as the necessary steps that I have to take in order to get to where I want to be. I know I am not so much in the limelight yet, so I don’t get intimidated about anything because I am conscious of where I am heading. On the other hand, if you ask me about my most challenging movie role I would say it was when I played two different characters in a particular movie. In some part, I’m this big girl while in another part I’m a poor girl struggling with life. T hat was very challenging-being two different persons in one movie.
Where do you see yourself in few years from now?
Favour Oma
By God’s grace I see myself being on top of my game. I keep improving everyday; I go for trainings, at the moment I’m studying International Relationship at the Lagos State University. It has not been easy combining academics with acting. But I’m coping well; that shows you how much passion I have for the job. I’m doing everything possible to improve myself.
Are there people you look up to in the industry?
There are lots of people I see as my role models. They include Genevieve Nnaji, Majid, Eucharia Anunobi, among others. You might be wondering what I like about they; the truth is that, they are wonderful actors; they are so natural with their acting. There are lots of people in the industry whose acting are very unnatural; that is not how it ought to be. 
Favour Oma
What is your philosophy of like?
Life is so sweet. I take each day the way it comes. I try to be the best in whatever I do and I believe in the saying that we should treat others the way we would want to be treated. I don’t hold grudges against people. If I’m I offended I express my displeasure and move on.
Are there things that make you shed tears?
I’m humane, definitely there must be things that would make me cry.  For instance, of recent I have been crying over the death of my mother. I lost her on December 20, here in Lagos. I was working when I got the call. She had been sick for six months before she passed on. At the moment, her burial plans are on. So why won’t I cry over such monumental loss? Apart from being watched and I admired on the screen by lots of fans, people shouldn’t forget we also have our own challenges in life. There are some stars whose problems are far bigger than what anybody can imagine-in their closest, they shed tears. I also cry when I’m praying or over excited about something-that is tears of joy. I lost my dad so many years back…I hardly remember him again. I was a child then so I didn’t even know him very well. That is why my mother’s death has remained a shock to me, it makes me cry a lot.
Are you married?
No. I’m still very single.
What is your ideal man like?
Favour Oma
My ideal man is the man that would love me and also love what I do; the man that would always stand by myself and take care of me. He mustn’t be wealthy-wealth can come from any angle. He mustn’t be too handsome…because I wouldn’t want anybody to come and take him away from me (laughs) He doesn’t have to look like Mr. Nigeria or Mr. World; he should just be presentable.  
Can you cope as a second wife?
That is one thing I can’t do. I’m a very jealous lover… I will kill somebody (laughs) If you marry me and decide to bring in another woman I will just leave the house for you. It is either you are there for me or you are not there. You can do some shits outside as majority of men do but let the home be mine; let nobody come inside my home to share my husband with me. I can’t tolerate that.
Does the man in your life at the moment also cheat?
Favour Oma in a movie scene
I trust him (laughs). Love covers so many things; so I’m not really bothered about him cheating or not.
How soon would you be walking down the aisle?
That is left for God to decide, but it’s definitely not this year.
Have you ever experienced heartbreak?
Yes I have.
Like how many times?
Just once! The truth is that I haven’t been into multiple relationships; it’s not food and I don’t see what I should be looking for.
How does it feel being heartbroken?
Too bad! At times it feels like when you loosing someone precious to death. But at times it is one’s choice to quit a particular relationship.  
In your case, was it your choice to quit the affair?
Yes, it was deliberate. I felt I should put an end to it and that was what I exactly did. I don’t allow myself to be dumped; I would rather dump you. Once I see the handwriting on the wall I quit.
Lots of people no longer see anything wrong in infidelity
It’s all about being open. There are some people that will cheat and open up to their lady about it and life goes on. But there are also others that will keep cheating with numerous girls and keep denying when they are confronted with it. So it’s all about being mature about it. The truth is that, men will always cheat.
Who is the real you?
I’m just me. Whenever I’m not acting I live my normal life. I could go swimming or decide to hang out with friends. I derive pleasure being in the mist of people that inspire and make me laugh.  
Do you see anything wrong in a woman developing sexual feelings for her fellow woman?
Everything is wrong in lesbianism. I can like a woman as a good person, but not to the extent of developing sexual feelings. God forbid; I don’t give chance for such. My feelings are directed to the opposite sex, not same sex.
What about sex before marriage?
Favour Oma
It’s very wrong; but most times there are just parts of the 10 commandments that are hard to keep. And these include, lying and fornication.
You mean you commit fornications too?
No comment on that. (Laughs)
 How many times have you been sexually harassed in Nollywood?
I don’t call it sexual harassment. It’s something that happens in every sector and I don’t see anything wrong in it. It’s a matter of choice; you either accept or refuse an offer from a man. I’ve never and I would never submit my body to anybody because of movie role. Of course I’m not a bad actor; my talents can always fetch me jobs. One can have an affair with someone but not on the ground of expecting movie roles. The ability to say ‘no’ to amorous advances is one of the things that have kept me going.
Any nude role before?
No. But I’ve worn pant and bra in a movie. There is no way I can go stake naked on the screen. I can expose my cleavages and some sensitive parts a bit, but I can’t go total naked; I don’t accept nude roles.

No comments:

Post a Comment