Thursday 30 January 2014

Tochukwu Ugafor…Asandrea Collections at its best!

            


               
             Tochukwu Ugafor is a Nigerian designer who knows how to do his job very well and puts smile on his client faces. The Creative Head of Asandrea Collections in Festac, Lagos, started at a young age with his aunt who is a fashion designer. To groom himself on the job, the Economics graduate of Nnamdi Azikiwe University and native of Anambra State went to School Of Fashion, Aba to study fashion designing. The uniqueness of his designs speaks volume and this has made clients to yearn for more.
                     On what triggered his interest in fashion designing, he says,Well… I grew up seeing my aunty make outfits and I used to help in her then.  I would like to say my passion for fashion and God inspired me to take it up as a career. I have been designing for a very long time however I decided to go into it full time in 2010 after my NYSC.” 

 
                     I have attended fashion shows in different parts of the country but the most recent show was the Fashion Meet Beauty Enugu & Explicit Fashion show that was held in Abuja around July last year. I have a lot of invitations from different parts of the world one of which is an invitation to showcase my outfit in African cultural display in Paris and Afro Irish Business Connect & Trade show Dublin etc.
                      Commenting on his designs, he simply describes it as unique and classy. “I make elegant wears and put proper finishing touches to my outfits. At Asandrea Collections, we put smile on our clients faces.”  
                    As a designer, I want the best for my clients, so I consider different factors like the type of fabric to be used, the client's preferences and other things before I make an outfit. My clients ranges from ordinary citizens to celebrities, companies, politicians and a lot of others.
                    Tochukwu, believes the fashion industry is growing tremendously and designers are doing Nigeria proud in the African continent and the world at large. “Nigerian designer are performing well and I give them kudos for that. He says.
                    His role model in fashion industry is ‘MUDI’ who he calls a silent achiever because he has made a mark in fashion. This year 2014, the CEO of Asandrea Collections promises to give his client the very best of his creative and bespoke designs.      





                        

           

No comments:

Post a Comment